SQL Server 2000
General Costs in New Zealand
- An airfare to Auckland New Zealand from the US West Coast will
run you about USD1100. Airlines that fly direct to New Zealand include
Air New Zealand, Qantas and United Airlines. The flight is a 12 hour
flight direct and New Zealand is between 16 and 18 hours ahead of
the US West Coast depending upon the season.
The Conversion rate guide can be found on Yahoo
Finance Currency Exchange for the latest rates.
- Because you are in the tourist area food prices are slightly elevated
but a general supermarket food visit for stocking up will run you
about $80 for essentials, such as fruit, veggies, meat, milk, bread,
butter, cheese, snacks.
Stamps $0.70 for a post card overseas.
- Ski Ticket
- $54.00 per day At The Remarkables and Coronet Peak, but there are
cheaper deals if you get a 5 out of 7 day pass.
- $45 per day at Cardrona as it is owned and operated by a separate
- Activities (Just to give you an idea.)
- Bungy Jumping, about $100 per jump
- Parapenting, about $100 per jump
- Round of Golf, approx. $40 at Millbrook and Kelvin Heights, there
is a public course for less.
- There are many many restaurants in Queenstown, about 60 all together.
They cater to just about any type of taste, from Japanese Sushi to
local to American Tex-Mex, pizza, Italian and many others. Seafood
is also a specialty in Queenstown as Japanese visitors love seafood.
- An average meal will cost about $25 per person not including alcohol.
A more expensive restaurant may range between $50-100 per person
and these are normally licensed establishments.
- Most restaurants are also BYOB (bring your own booze). You can
pick up a bottle of nice wine from between $10-15 and a 6 pack for
approx. $8-10. There are many good local NZ wines and beers to choose
- Pubs and Bars
- There are also many pubs and bars in town. A beer (large) will
run you about $3.50 a draft and $4.50 per bottle. There is also a
local brewery at a cost per pint of $5-6.
- You can buy beer and wine, etc in either local supermarkets or
at the local LiquorLand establishments.
- Rental Cars
- Many of the larger car rental businesses are situated at the airport
and in town, Budget, Avis, Hertz. Prices range from $55-120 per day
for a large station wagon or 4WD vehicle.